About Rupin Supin Valley Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,468 ft. (3800 m)
- Approx Trekking Km: 34 Kms.
- Best time to do: May-Jun & Sep-Oct
Treks can be found in many places. In India, Uttarakhand is one of the most famous places where you can find amazing treks relatable to both beginners & experienced trekkers. From so many treks offered by Uttarakhand, here we are representing adventurous & beginner-friendly trek- Rupin & Supin Trek.
Rupin & Supin Trek is basically situated in the northwest part of Uttarakhand. Himachal Pradesh border is also near it. You will discover several mesmerizing views of the place. You will undergo 6 days to complete this trek. You will trek along the Rupin river & with the boundaries of Govind National Park. It is a rarely known trek of Uttarakhand & lies in a remote area. Once you reach here, you will be able to see several Himalayan Peaks like Kinnaur Kailash Range. You will see green meadows, beautiful landscapes, snow-covered mountains, and much more.
You will start your journey from Dehradun & you will start trekking from Bheetri. Before reaching Rupin & Supin Valley, you will cross beautiful dense forests, water streams, small villages, etc. In your whole trek, you will realize that you are breathing fresh air. And this will fill you with freshness and will make you energetic.
If you are worried about the Rupin & Supin Trek Package, then give us the chance to make this trip happily successful by providing you with the best Rupin & Supin Trek Package . You will get every essential thing with this package. Do contact us in case of any queries.
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Himri (Drive)
- Altitude: 4820 ft.
- Distance: 270 km
- Time: 7-8 hours
- You will follow beautiful mountains on the way. The purola-last place with a good network connection.
- DAY 2: Himri to Bheetri & then to Kurala Thaach
- Altitude: 4820 ft. to 8530 ft.
- Distance: 8 km
- Time: 3 hours
- Drive till Bheetri and then start your trek to reach Kurala Thaach.
- DAY 3: Kurala to Rikatik Odi (Trek)
- Altitude:: 8530 ft to 11646 ft.
- Distance: 8 km
- Time: 4 hours
- Go through the amazing Himalayan views.
- DAY 4: Rikatik Odi to Phitadi (Trek)
- Altitude: 11646 ft. to 6561 ft.
- Distance: 8 km trek
- Time: 4 hours
- Walkthrough wooden houses and discover the traditional life of the locals.
- DAY 5: Phitadi to Jakhol (Trek)
- Altitude: 6561 ft. to 6233 ft.
- Time: 3-4 hours
- Last day of the trek. Enjoy it maximum
- DAY 6: Sankri to Dehradun
Day 1: Dehradun to Himri (4820 ft.)
Your first day will begin by traveling from Dehradun to Himri (4820 ft). It will take around 7-8 hours to reach there. You will pass through some amazing views of the way to Himri. You will cross Nainbagh & Damta. On your way to Himri, you will find the last network on your phone at Purola city. You will soon enter Tons Valley.
After Tons Valley you will cross Mori & Netwar along with the Rupin river. Your this day's camp will be between Netwar & Dhaula. Enjoy your first day of camp in the amazing weather.
Day 2: Himri to Bheetri & then to Kurala Thaach (4820 ft. to 8530 ft.)
Have your breakfast early in the morning in Himri. After that, you will drive to Bheetri. Bheetri is a typical village amidst the Himalayas. It offers traditional scenes throughout the way. From Bheetri village, you will start trek towards Kurala Thaach. After walking for about 2 km, you will reach Sarutal. Sarutal is an amazing pond & is seasonable in nature. Take some rest here and enjoy the beautiful site. After that resume your walk and proceed towards Kurala Thaach. Kurala Thaach is basically a meadow full of greenery. You will see locals with their cattle and equines.
Stay here overnight and enjoy the sleep.
Day 3: Kurala to Rikatik Odi (8530 ft to 11646 ft.)
Start your third day early in the morning. Your ascent will be via forests. You will reach Simon Tee which is located at a height of 11154 ft. After reaching there you will be able to view beautiful vistas of the Himalayan peaks all around. Continue to walk through the same way. You will soon reach Rikatik Odi. This particular place is known for connecting Rupin & Supin Valley. Your camp for the day will be at Rikatik Odi. Enjoy your time & utilize it as much you can.
Day 4: Rikatik Odi to Phitadi (11646 ft. to 6561 ft.)
Finally, you will enter Supin Valley on your fourth day. While walking through dense forests, you will soon reach a village named Phitadi. In this village, you will see several houses made up of wood. You will get more information about the traditions of the place. You will get a chance to explore the village which will give you immense happiness. You may also interact with people over there, in this way you will know about their culture in deep. Then stay there overnight and enjoy the beautiful nightlife of the village.
Day 5: Phitadi to Jakhol (6561 ft. to 6233 ft.)
Your last day of the trek has arrived. Make the best use of it and enjoy yourself fully. You will begin your trek from Phitadi and will walk towards Jakhol. You will discover so many farmlands on the way to Jakhol. You will stay here for some time & will visit a temple over here which has a great significance for the people living there. Soon, after visiting & exploring the village you will move to Sankri from Jakhol (drive). You will spend your night at Sankri.
Day 6: Sankri to Dehradun
Now the day has come to say goodbye to your trek and return to your home. Leave Sankri and proceed towards Dehradun. After 7-8 hours you will reach Dehradun.
How to Reach Rupin Supin Valley Trek?
There is a various mode to reach Rupin Supin Valley Trek:
Reach Delhi and then take a flight to Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. From the airport, book any cab or taxi to reach Dehradun Railway Station, which will be your pick-up point.
Trains are easily available and will directly leave you at Dehradun Railway Station. Regular trains running between Delhi & Dehradun.
Apart from flight & train, you may also reach Dehradun Railway Station by bus. Buses keep on running from Delhi to Dehradun.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Kedarkantha Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.