About Kedarnath trek
One of the most holiest temples in Hindu religion one which is visited by lakhs of spiritual and adventure enthusiasts every year and a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva presenting you Kedarnath Trip Package. Over the ages Kedarnath has delighted Millions of people who visit here and get lost in the beauty and peace of this nature’s wonder and a Shrine so spiritually important that makes sure not only the eyes but the soul feels Divine. Being one of the 12Jyotirlingas it is one of the most special shrine among Panch Kedars which are five temples built to honour and worship Lord Shiva. Standing at an altitude of 11750ft above sea level Kedarnath temple is located in Rudraprayag district in the Uttrakhand State. It is also one of the chota char dham pilgrimage sites which are Gangotri Yamunotri Kedarnath and Badrinath which makes it more special to definitely visit once.
Since it’s high altitude kedarnath remains closed for almost 6months from November to April during winters and the town’s people too settle into Villages which are at lower altitude. Another special thing that this trip has to offer is for Trekking enthusiasts as the journey will be providing a steep trek of 16kms which Starts at Gaurikund and reaches top to Kedarnath temple. Due to high altitude a medical examination is required to make sure that people with respiratory problems don’t have inconvenience as over a certain height the Air becomes less dense. Travellers who find difficult to go via Trekking and for elderly people the place offers Mules, doli and other options too.
None of the less we are committed to provide you a delightful journey with wholesomeness of spirituality, scenic beauty, safety and Blissfulness. In order to curate your trip we have planned a definite itinerary which will help you to view the schedules and day to day plan and routes for your journey to heaven on Earth.
- Day 1: - Haridwar to Sonprayag
- Pickup from Haridwar for you and drop at Sonprayag on the same day. You will feel a complete change of weather and flora and fauna so please make sure you have enough warm clothes.
- Distance 232Kms
- Time 7-8Hrs Altitude at Sonprayag 1829meters
- Day 2: Sonprayag to Kedarnath
- We will be driving you to Gaurikund which is last stop for Vehicles after which you will be taken to trek or if you want you can choose Mules, doli or other available conveniences.
- Sonprayag to Gaurikund distance 5.2Kms and Time 20mins via cab Trek distance to Kedarnath temple
- 16Kms Time 5-6Hours. Kedarnath temple height 3583meters
- Day 3: Kedarnath to Sonprayag
- On day 3 we will descend to Sonprayag via same route to reach Gaurikund and drive to Sonprayag on the same day.
- Distance 22kms Appx. Including Gaurikund.
- Day 4: Sonprayag to Haridwar
- On the final day of the trip Day 4 you will be comfortably dropped to Haridwar via same route, marking an end of the lovely journey and bidding you bye with Expectations of your next visit.
- Distance 232Kms
- Time 7-8Hrs
DAY 1: Haridwar to Sonprayag
We will pick you up from one of the Holiest city of India i.e., Haridwar and will be taking you to Sonprayag in a comfortable drive. This will be a 233kms ride and will be taking roughly about 7-8Hrs. We will stop in-between the journey if needed for refreshments and breaks. This part of the journey will give you ample glimpse of flora and fauna also with change in the temperature and quality of air as you reach Sonprayag which is at an altitude of 1829m.
One famous aspect of Sonprayag is that it is believed that this is the place when Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got Married. Hence this place holds a lot of spiritual value.
DAY 2: Sonprayag to Kedarnath
After a restful night at Sonprayag we begin our second day which is to reach our destination Kedarnath. Be prepared with all enthusiasm as this part of the journey will take you across a 16Kms Trekking experience will definitely refresh your body as well as your soul. We will be moving till Gaurikund via cab and then the trekking experience shall begin. Trekking will start at 4AM in the morning to make sure you complete the journey on time. Also the trek will be taking approximately 6-7Hrs to complete and once completed you will be witnessing one of the most Sacred temples of India none other than kedarnatha itself. During the trek you will be able to view beautiful views of jungle chatti and Bheem Bali two of the most common place of a pause for refreshments. The trek takes you to a high altitude of 3583meters so a Medical check-up will be required as it may get difficult for people with respiratory problems. Also If you do not want to go by walking you can also choose Palki mules or Kandi.
DAY 3: Kedarnath to Sonprayag
After some refreshments and relaxing we will now descend back to Sonprayag to move on to the next part of our journey which is the Badrinath Temple. This time while coming back it won't be that tough like going up rather you will be filled with the exiting glimpse of the kedarnath temple and much more excited for darshan of Badrinath ji. We will be reaching to Gaurikund again so if you want you can rejuvenate a bit here and then via cab we will drop you to Sonprayag at your hotel stay. Please take care as the descend might get too steep sometimes that people get there feet twisted. After reaching back at Sonprayag take rest for the day eat well and be prepared for the next day as it's going to be full of ride and majestic views of nature and Badrinath temple.
DAY 5: Sonprayag to Haridwar
Have a refreshing breakfast and take veiws of the morning dawn lights at Sonprayag to get ready for a comfortable drive to Haridwar. This will be a 230Kms journey and will be taking around 7Hrs to reach your destination Haridwar. On the way just like when you were coming to Sonprayag you will witness the beauty of uttrakhand flourishing with lush green forests, meadows, water streams, natural waterfalls and spectacular beauty of places like Guptkashi, Joshimath, Agastamuni, Shrinagar, Devprayag and many more. All these places will provide you adequate knowledge and glimpse as to why Uttrakhand is called Devbhoomi and heaven on Earth. We promise you that you will carry huge amount of memories which will be enough to cherish every moment that you spent here whenever you close your eyes to remember all this in your day to day life giving you more reasons to visit again.
Last but not the least we always encourage our travellers to provide us there valuable feedback so that we can provide them and others much more better experience Whenever they re-visit. Bidding you bye with all good memories we will await your return.
How To Reach Haridwar?
There is a various mode to reach Haridwar:
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, is located about 20 km from the city. You will find a daily flight and thento Haridwar via road.From Delhi to Dehradun.
Overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi and then to Haridwar
DDN FESTIVAL SPL – Departure from Delhi 10:25PM ; Arrival –Haridwar 6:25AM Available on all days of week 283 KMS.
BDTS HW SPL – Departure -H Nizamuddin– 2:45AM ; Arrival-Haridwar – 8:20AM Available on all days of week 250 KMS.
From Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate, a regular bus service from Delhi to Haridwar is Available.
Note: We recommend taking only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate.
The vehicle will pick you up from Haridwar Stations at 6:00 am, pick up charges are Included.
You are requested to reach Haridwar around 5:00 pm Food from Haridwar to Sonprayag is not included in the Kedarnath Badrinath Trip cost.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Kedarnath trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a Available payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Available sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Available sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.