About Valley Of Flowers Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
- Max Altitude: 14,100 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km: 37 Kms.
- Best time to do: August to September
Who does not want to feel the beauty of the Valley of Flowers? The most loving place one would always want to reach. The best time to visit here is mid-July to mid-August. It is slightly far but the distance seems like nothing after reaching here. The valley is situated on the Pushpawati river. Trek to Valley of flowers begins from Govind Ghat which is 11 hours drive away from Rishikesh. The distance of the valley is 10km long and is 1 km wide & is situated at 3200-3600 m above sea level. Flowers in the valley blossom in the time period of alpine vegetation during the time June to October. Some varieties which are present in abundance inside the valley are Balsam, Angelica, Anemone, Cobra lily, Blue Poppy, Marsh Marigold, Forget me not, and many more. Rataban Peak & Tipra Glacier are located on the boundary of the valley. It is the one solution for all be it trekkers, botanists, photographers, or nature lovers. All will get peace and satisfaction after stepping down here.
The journey to this amazing trek begins from Haridwar. From Haridwar to Ghangaria is a 12 hours journey. On the left side of Ghangaria, there is Valley of Flowers and on the right side, there is Hemkund Sahib. Day-wise both the places would be visited. This long route journey with amazing treks to Valley of Flowers & Hemkund Sahib will make you lost in its scenic beauty and will make you fresh inside out. You will enjoy the most in our best Valley of Flowers trek package.
A detailed Itinerary will make you aware of the complete journey process right from the beginning to the end.
- DAY 1: Haridwar to Joshimath(1,900m/6,200ft)
- Distance: 275 km
- Pick up: Railway Station, Haridwar
- Time : 10-11 hrs.
- Last ATM point: Joshimath
- Food will be served.
- DAY 2: Joshimath to Govindghat -Pulna Trek to Ghangharia
- Time: 40 minutes from Govindghat to Pulna (2,000m/6,800ft).
- Time : 4 hours from Pulna to Ghangharia (2,290m/9,800ft).
- Water is available along the route
- Food will be served.
- Stay Guesthouse (Shared Accommodation).
- DAY 3: Trek from Ghangaria to Valley of Flower(3,500m/11,500ft) and back to Ghangaria
- Distance: 4 km (single route)
- Time : 5 hrs.
- Length of the Valley: R6-7 km long & ends with a glacier.
- Food will be served.
- Stay Guesthouse (Shared Accommodation).
- Prominent flowers: Balsam, Angelica, Anemone, Cobra lily, Blue Poppy, Marsh Marigold, Forget me not, and many more.
- DAY 4: Trek from Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib(4,300m/14,100 ft) and back to Ghangaria
- Distance: 5.5 km (single route)
- Time Taken: 7 hours
- Lunch: Gurduwara langar
- Flower:Brahma Kamal(State flower of Uttarakhand) and Himalayan blue poppy can be seen in the midway to Hemkund Sahib.
- Stay Guesthouse.
- DAY 5: Ghangaria to Govindghat and then drive to Joshimath
- Distance till Govind Ghat: 13 km
- Time of Trek: 5 hours
- Driving Time: 20 mins
- Packed food will be served.
- Stay Guesthouse.
- DAY 6: Joshimath to Haridwar
- Post morning Tea/Coffee Departure to home.
- Reach Haridwar: Around 6 -7:00 pm.
- Further travel can be booked any time after 8:00 pm.
Day 1: Haridwar to Joshimath
The journey begins from the holy city Haridwar to Joshimath. Though the journey is long, it provides some amazing viewpoints which make you feel refreshed. In the journey, you will cross Rishikesh and then Panch Prayag namely Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Karanprayag, Nandprayag & Vishnuprayag. You will see majestic mountains along with the river Ganga and the Alaknanda. As you move upward, the temperature reduces and makes the weather lovely. It is suggested to keep an extra pair of warm clothes so that you can enjoy the journey without any destruction.
You can take multiple pictures of the amazing scenery you will see during the journey. Lunch will be done in between the journey.
Day 2: : Govindghat from Joshimath
On the second day, you will head towards Govindghat from Joshimath. The total distance to be covered is 22km. After doing breakfast at Joshimath, we will move towards Govindghat. There are various shops which provide a variety of delicious meals. You will enjoy the whole journey by being environed by the beautiful views of the place.
After wandering some distance, you will arrive at Bhyundar Village from where you can easily have the vistas of Hathi Parvat. And then you will reach Gangharia approximately in the night at an elevation of 10,000 ft. Spend the whole night in the guest house.
Day 3: Ghangaria to Valley of Flower
This day begins from Gangharia and takes you to Valley of Flowers and then again get back to Gangharia. Once you will hit Valley of Flowers, you will see various blossoms like Rose, Meadow Geranium, Canine Flower, Hooked Adhere Seed. The whole trek seems to fill one's soul with peace. The tranquil nature of the place will let you forget all the worries and will make you a lively person.
The Valley of Flowers trek is about 6-7 km although it depends on the trekkers how much time they want to spend in the valley and how deeply they want to know about it. After enjoying the Valley of Flowers Trek, you will get back to Ghangaria and will spend the night in the guest house.
Day 4: Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib
This day you will visit the Hemkund Sahib. The day begins by doing breakfast at Ghangaria and then trek starts to Hemkund Sahib. The trek is 6 km long. Hemkund Sahib is known to be the planet's greatest Gurudwara at an altitude of 4,329 meters. You will also see the state flower of Uttarakhand,i.e. Brahma Kamal. Gurudwara is located beside Hemkund lake. You can also discover Laxman Temple over here. In short, the place is completely spiritual and gives positive energy to all present there. After having a glimpse of the place, you will return to Ghangaria.
Day 5: Ghangaria to Govindghat
This is the fifth day of your trek and after having breakfast at Ghangaria you will move back to Govindghat and then will drive back to Joshimath. From Joshimath, Shri Badrinath Ji is located at a distance of 25km. If the weather & roads remain good then you will head towards Shri Badrinath Ji.
Day 6: Joshimath to Haridwar
The day marks the end of the journey and you will be returning to Haridwar from Joshimath. Breakfast & Lunch will be done amid the journey. You will reach Haridwar at about 8 p.m.
How to Reach Valley Of Flowers Trek ?
Via flight you will land at Jolly Grant Airport is the airport which is around 39 km from Haridwar. You need to reach Railway Station, Haridwar.
Trains to Haridwar from Delhi are easily accessible.
Bus service from Delhi to Haridwar can be easily grapped.
You will be picked up on the Trip on Himalayas Vehicle from Haridwar Railway Station.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Rupin Pass Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.