About Vijay Top Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,650 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 36 Kms.
Vijay Top Trek is akin to the Kedarkantha trek. It is barely known by many people. Located far away in the remote area of the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, this trek is a great adventure. The maximum height you will attain on Vijay Top Trek will be 12,723 ft. It is situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand and lies in Govind Wildlife Sanctuary. If you wish to take a break from city life and want to enjoy yourself in the laps of nature, then you must go for Vijay Top Trek. It will fill you with utmost energy and zeal. Here you will find each and everything that is required for a person to feel peaceful. In the summer, this place is covered with green blankets. You will see it as a wonderland. And in winters, it is covered with a white blanket. You will see it as snow land.
It is the best place to spend quality time with your loved ones. The Vijay Top Trek starts from Himari, Yamuna Valley. The Yamuna Valley is located on the banks of the Tons river. The trek will be of a moderate level. Your trek will go through the jungle which will be the best part of the trek. You will be going to places that are far away from city. There will be no hustle-bustle here and you will be surrounded by peace everywhere. You will also see the magnificent sight of Kedarkantha as Kedarkantha and Vijay Top Trek are almost at the same height.
Apart from Kedarkantha, you will also see mesmerizing views of Rupin & Supin Valley, Kanasar Lake, Sarutal, etc. As you move forward, you will reach Bhitri (the last village on the trek). You will also see many temples and wooden houses on the way that resembles the traditional glimpse of the region. You will also see locals doing their regular work. You will definitely gather so many memories from the Vijay Top Trek.
You may contact us for the Vijay Top Trek Package. We are highly experienced in this industry and hence always provide the best services to our customers. You will find our Vijay Top Trek Package as the most suitable one in each and every manner.
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Khanyasni camp (Drive)
- Altitude: 6161 ft.
- Distance: 235 km
- Time: 9-10 hours
- You will travel through beautiful landscapes. You will also cross Mussorie in a mid-way. Stay in camps.
- DAY 2: Khanyasni camp to Sarutal camp (Trek)
- Altitude: 6161 ft. to 6561 ft.
- Distance: 8 km
- Time: 4-5 hours
- A beautiful trek. Stay in camps amidst meadows.
- DAY 3:Sarutal camp to Badang camp (Trek)
- Altitude: 6561 ft. to 8530 ft.
- Distance: 8 km
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Trek through amazing views of mountains all around and overnight stay in camps.
- DAY 4: Badang camp to Vijay Top & then back to Badang camp
- Altitude: 8530 ft. to 12,467 ft.
- Distance: 12 km
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Slightly challenging trek but the most amazing one. Begin early to explore much.
- DAY 5: Badang camp to Bhitri village & then drive to Sankri
- Altitude: 6,299 ft.(Sankri)
- Distance: 220 km (trek) & 33 km (drive)
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Visit the village and then travel to Sankri Village. Stay in a hotel in Sankri.
- DAY 6: Sankri to Dehradun (Drive)
- Distance: 210 km
- Time: 8-9 hours
- Drive back to Dehradun from Sankri Village.
Day 1: Dehradun to Khanyasni camp (6161 ft.)
Your journey will start from Dehradun. While your journey you will find so many mountain ranges of Garhwal. Greenery will always be dominant during the journey. There will be so many beautiful views that will make you feel excited about the further journey. You will cross Mussoorie which is one of the best hill stations of Uttarakhand.
Soon, you will reach Sankri Village where you will see forests covered with pine trees. Then after exploring Sankri Village for some time, you will proceed towards Khanyasi camp. Rest at the campsite, explore it according to the time, and stay overnight in the camps.
Day 2: Khanyasni camp to Sarutal camp (6161 ft. to 6561 ft.)
On your second day, your trek will begin. You will have your breakfast at the Khanyasi campsite and then will head towards Sarutal Camp. You will walk along the Rupin river. Traveling amidst orchards, grasslands, forests, flowers, you will reach Bitri village which is at 2000 m. You can also see the cultivation of wheat & red rice. You may have an interaction with the locals to know more about the place. You will also see mountains located in Himachal such as Chansheel Valley.
Eventually, you will reach Sarutal Camp where you will stay in camps overnight.
Day 3: Sarutal camp to Badang camp (46561 ft. to 8530 ft.)
On your third day, you will need to start your day early in the morning. As you move ahead, you will cross a ridge that separates Rupin & Supin Valley. The amazing views of the surrounding mountains will surprise you every now and then. By moving forward, you will realize that the height is increasing gradually. You will see forests of oak and alpine trees. You will also see magnificent views of peak-like Swargarohini.
Soon, you will reach the meadows of Badang Campsite. Spend your quality time and enjoy the pleasant weather. Stay in camps overnight.
Day 4: Badang camp to Vijay Top & then back to Badang camp (8530 ft. to 12,467
This day's trek will be a little bit difficult in comparison with previous ones. You will be heading to Vijay Top on this day. If you are traveling here in winter, then you will be welcomed by snow-covered meadows. Though the trek is slightly difficult, you will enjoy it a lot. Gradually, when you will be going higher, you will get to see more beautiful views.
When you reach the topmost point, you will be able to see the amazing views of Kedarkantha, Bandarpoonch, Swargarohini, and many more. You may also see some animals over there. And finally, you will reach your destination,i.e. Vijay Top. You will see meadows here. You will explore the place and will enjoy it so much. This place will make you feel relaxed and satisfied. Enjoy your time. Then trek back to Badang Camp and enjoy bonfires there. Stay in camps.
Day 5: Badang camp to Bhitri village & then drive to Sankri (6,299 ft.)
On this day, you will travel from Badang Camp to Bhitri Village. Start your day early in the morning and cherish the beauty of the Himalayan mountains. After having breakfast, you will begin your journey to Bhitri Village. You will cross various grasslands and dense forests. You will continuously get amazing views of the trek. Soon, you will reach Bhitri Village.
After spending some quality time here, you will drive to Sankri Village and will stay there in a hotel overnight.
Day 6:- Sankri to Dehradun (11,102 ft.)
This will be the last day of your Vijay Top Trek. You will take several memories with you and will cherish them forever. Drive back to Dehradun. You will reach there in about 8-9 hours.
How to Reach Vijay Top Trek?
There is a various mode to reach Vijay Top Trek:
One of the best means is to come by flight. You can take a flight from Delhi to Dehradun’s Jolly Grant Airport. From the airport, you need to reach the railway station of Dehradun, your pick-up point.
Trains are always easy to catch. Trains regularly run from Delhi to Dehradun. This will be easy as it will drop you at the Railway station itself, your pick-up point.
Buses are also available all the time from Delhi to Dehradun. Your bus stop will be at ISBT, Dehradun. From ISBT, you have to reach Railway Station.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Vijay Top Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.