Har ki Dun Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 07 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy - Moderate
- Max Altitude: 11,768 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 48 km.
- Best time to do: September to November.
Har ki Dun (12,000 Ft. Altitude 44 Km Distance) one of the most beautiful and preferred treks of Uttarakhand always welcomes its lovers with glorious natural views. The best Har ki dun package is provided by us so that all travelers can experience it easily. It would not be wrong if we say that it always takes away the heart of its travelers every time they visit it. The most amazing fact about this trek is that it is easily accessible in summer as well as in the winter season. Located in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand, Har ki Dun is a combination of fascinating views of various peaks around it like Swargarohini, Black Peak, and many more. You can always see the Himalayas covered with snow from here. From the geographical angle, the Har ki Dun catchment is the major source of the Yamuna River System.
Traditionally, it is said that it is the staircase to heaven. Well, travelers coming here get to know so much about the traditional stories and get connected to spirituality. The place provides an immense sense of pleasure which connects the person to nature. There are various ancient villages which can somehow tell about the well-being of the people living thousands of years ago. Travelers camp near the flowing river which is the best part of the trek. Thick forests full of pine trees, walnut trees, and various other flora and fauna bring nature one step closer to the travelers.
While passing by the trek you will come across various forests covered with oak and deodar trees. There you may also see some species of flora and fauna which makes your trek more exciting. There are also several rhododendron trees that bear red-colored beautiful flowers. Walking through the trek you will get refreshing air and will have a great feeling. Being the sacred state(Uttarakhand), you will always see some sacred touch in each and everything present here. There are green meadows that are present in abundance during your trek which will surprise you with an amazing view. You will also cover Auli which is one of the most lovable places in India.
The journey starts from Sankri Village and in between, there are present various attractions which add up great knowledge and spirituality in the travelers. There is presently one temple in the mid-way of the trek at Osla, and this temple is said to be dedicated to Duryodhana. Everything is sorted over here, but travelers need to keep one thing in mind that while traveling in summers, they can face frequent rains and they must be ready to conquer it anytime. Apart from this, the journey can be concluded at a very good pace and travelers are definitely going to call it the best journey of their life. So, at least once all of you must give yourself a chance to come to this tranquil place and take home a lot of memories by choosing our
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Sankri
- Altitude: 200 km
- Time Taken: 8-9 hours
- Available: Shops for trekking gears, Homestay in guest house,
Breakfast and Lunch excluded; Dinner is included.
- DAY 2: Sankri to Pauni Garaat / Taluka
- Sankri to Taluka: approx 1 hour & 12 km drive
- Altitude of Taluka - 2,100m/7,000ft.
- Taluka to Pauni Garaat: approx 6 hours & 10 km trek
- Altitude- 2,500m/8,200ft.
- Highlights: Springwater points and Riverside camping in Govind National Park forests.
- DAY 3: Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhaar
- Altitude:- 2,950m/9,800ft.
- Time Taken- approx 6 hours & 8 km trek
- Highlights: Springwater points and Camp stay in a forest.
- DAY 4: Kalkattiyadhar - Har Ki Doon - Kalkattiyadhar
- Time Taken- approx 9 hours & 10 kms trek.
- Highlights: Springwater points, Camp stay in the forest, and Snow Peaks views.
- DAY 5: Kalkattiyadhar to Pauni Garaat / Osla
- Altitude: - 2,500m/8,200ft.
- Time Taken-Approx 5 hours & 8 kms trek.
- Highlights: Springwater points and Riverside camping in Govind National Park forests.
- DAY 6: Pauni Garaat to Sankri / Taluka
- Altitude: - 1,950m/6,400ft
- Distance: 10 km, approx Time taken 5 hours.
- Highlights:12 km drive from Taluka to Sankri House stay
- DAY 7: Sankri to Dehradun
- Altitude: - 1,950m/6,400ft
- Distance: 220 km drive, approx Time taken 10 hours.
- Highlights:Breakfast and lunch excluded.
(All adventure junkies will be dropped at Dehradun station.)
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri
From here, our Har ki Dun Trek’s journey gets started. On your very first day, you will be taken to Sankri Village which is around 7-8kms from Dehradun. The Sankri village is located about 6,455 ft above sea level. It is advisable for travelers to keep their warm clothes with them as the climate can change anytime at this place. After reaching Sankri Village amid the beautiful climate, you will be taking a rest in the guest room and then you can pass your quality time by exploring the local markets of the village. At night it looks amazing to walk around this village. There are a number of shops and dhabas that provide traditional food as well. You can know more about the culture by meeting the localities over there. After reaching here, you will never feel like you are away from your home as people over here are so friendly in nature. The sunset in the evening adds more points to the beauty of the village. Here, you will also come across the famous Govind National Park of Uttarakhand.
After exploring the village you will be having a delicious dinner and then you can sleep overnight in the guest room to fill yourself with freshness for the further journey to explore
Day 2: Sankri to Pauni Garaat / Taluka
On your next day of the journey, you will come one step closer to your destination. From Sankri Village after having a delightful breakfast you will move towards the Taluka. Taluka is located about 7,000 ft above sea level. It takes around 1 hour to reach taluka which is 12 km away from Sankri. While driving to Taluka you will come across a forest which contains pinewood trees, walnut trees, etc. There will be various natural water streams that will fill you with immense joy and excitement.
Meanwhile, you will be having lunch. From Taluka, now is the turn to reach Pauni Garrat which is at 8,200 ft altitude and takes approx 6 hours trekking time. The distance is 10 km from taluka. Not much difficulty is being faced while trekking here. During the trek, you will be amazed by the scenic beauty of the pathway. It will definitely make you forget about your worries and will fill you with enthusiast and freshness.
Day 3: Pauni Garaat to Kalkattiyadhaar / Osla
This is your third day of the trek and it's time to hit Kalkattiyadhaar which is at 9,000 ft above sea level. You will need to trek for about 6 hours to cover the 7km distance to reach here.The area is nicely distributed in levels over here. Soon, you will be at such a high-level altitude and you will get to know more about the area. It is said that Uttarakhand is also called Dev bhumi and hence spirituality is filled at each and every corner of the state. This gives positive energy to the body and mind.
The tranquil ambiance is definitely going to make you attached to this place forever. For nature lovers, it would prove to be the most amazing trek. Lunch will be done as per the timing. At the end of the day, you will take a rest at the camps from where you can have a glorious view of the mountains and clear sky with millions of stars.
Day 4: Kalkattiyadhar to Har Ki Doon to Kalkattiyadhar
The day to reach your destination,i.e. Har ki Dun. Har ki Dun is located at an altitude of 3,400m/ 11,800ft. From Kalkattiyadhaar, there is a 10km distance to Har ki Dun which takes approximately 9 hours of trek time. Har ki Dun Trek is one of the most popular treks of Uttarakhand. This would be the best time of the whole journey. Lunch and water bottles will be packed. Amid the trek, there is a gradual incline, forests with huge trees, a variety of flora and fauna, and many more. The trek just is not defined to complete the journey and reach the destination but it also makes many changes in your personality too. Like, you get involved with different kinds of people who are a part of the trek, you enjoy yourself, your childish nature comes out and helps you to enjoy at an apex level, your knowledge about the culture of the state increases, you become a happy soul after all. So, this time fills you with many optimistic vibes which help you in several ways.
After reaching Har ki Dun, you can see the snow peaks, Swargarhponi, Hata peak, Black peak, and whatnot. It would make your whole trek worth it after reaching here. Now, after relaxing and feeling nature over here, you will have to return to Kalkattiyadhaar. And the most interesting thing is that we provide the best Har ki Dun package in Uttarakhand,i.e.at the most economical rates.
Day 5: Kalkattiyadhar to Pauni Garaat / Osla
On the fifth day, you will be moving to Pauni Garaat from Kalkattiyadhaar via Osla. The prescribed time is 5 hours to cover 8 km. Again you will come across various nature gifts. You will be spending the whole night at the camp where you can have a campfire and can even play games with your trek mates. These are of course your few last minutes to spend in this beautiful area, so utilize it as much as possible.
Day 6: Pauni Garaat to Sankri / Taluka
Time to come back to Sankri Village from Pauni Garaat via Taluka. Stepping towards a downward direction is easier than climbing up but this too needs to be done carefully by maintaining a limited speed. During the trek, you will get across the familiar area and can enjoy it there as well. In the whole journey, eatables and water bottles are always kept packed and are consumed as per the time or requirement. The night will be spent in the guest house.
Day 7: Sankri to Dehradun
Last but not the least, the journey comes to the starting point by traveling around 10 hours from Sankri Village to Dehradun.
How to Reach Har ki Dun Trek
By Air :
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, is located about 20 km from the city. You will find a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun.
By Train :
Overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
- Nanda Devi Express - Departure 11:50pm; Arrival - 5:40am
- Dehradun Express - Departure - 9:10pm; Arrival - 5:00am
From Delhi's ISBT Kashmere Gate, a regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun is available.
Note:- We recommend taking only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate.
The vehicle will pick you up from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:00 am, pick charges are included.
You will reach Sankri around 5:00 pm
Food from Dehradun to Sankri is not included in the cost.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Rupin Pass Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.