When it comes to magnificent beauty of lush green meadows or snow covered plains and mountains who would not be delighted to find themselves at a place often referred as Switzerland of Uttrakhand. Don’t believe us? Let’s take you through our CHOPTA TUNGNATH CHANDRASHEELA TREK PACKAGE. Chopta is Located at an elevation of 2608meters and Is a part of Kedarnath wildlife sanctuary in Uttrakhand. Connected well and accessible by road Chopta has become one of the most prominent trekking spot for travel enthusiasts. One of the reasons being this trek trail is accessible throughout the year. The chopta tungnath trek is rather small having a trail of 4 kilometres but don’t let this short distance undermined the fruit of it’s accomplishment as when trek completes you will find yourself at an altitude of 12,106 feet Which is at the highest shrine of Lord Shiva itself the temple tungnath. The fun doesn’t just end here as moving on We continue our trek to the peak of Chandrashila which is just at top of the temple just 1.5Kms away. The Chandrashila peak stands at a height of 3690meters. The view from here is no less than magic. From here you can have clear majestic views of peaks like Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. During Summers and spring seasons the place gets covered in lush green Meadows and during winters it covers itself in thick sheets of snow throughout the year the beauty of this place never fails to amaze it’s visitors. Once you start trekking till you reach the top you will be awestruck with the heavenly sights that come across your way including snow capped peaks of mighty mountains the summit view at the Chandrasheela Peak itself and not to forget the spiritual touch of Tungnath temple.
On this 2 nights 3 days adventurous trip we will ensure you have all the directions safety and comfort so that you can have every amazing bit of the journey.
- Day 1: Haridwar to Chopta
- Distance 185 kms
- Time 5Hrs 30 mins
- We will pick you up at Haridwar and same day we will be driving you to Chopta itself where the night stay will pe provided for the first day.
- Day 2: Chopta to Tungnath Chandrasheela Trek and return stay chopta
- On day 2 trek from chopta to tungnath (Distance around 5kms) and then to Chandrasheela Peak which is just 2kms above the Tungnath temple, following which we will be returning on the same day and stay for the night will be at Chopta
- Day 3: Chopta to Haridwar
- Distance 185 kms
- Time 5Hrs 30 mins
- On final day after a refreshing breakfast we will drop you at Haridwar awaiting your return…
DAY 1: Haridwar to chopta
We will pick you up at Haridwar and drive you to the beautiful hill Station of Chopta this journey is around 185Kms and in the same you will be able to see a lot of scenic places that fall between your destination. When you reach at an elevation of 2680meters you will be clearly able to feel the temperature and the air quality change allowing your senses to indulge into the local environment. Once reaching at Chopta after the long drive take rest and enjoy Pahadi food to nourish your self. Also if you want you can indulge with the locals to get in touch with their traditions and culture. Chopta serves as epicenter to various treks and Holy destinations like char dhams so much of the year you will find a lot of tourists here. You will be staying at Chopta itself for the night so enjoy the night sky full of visible stars which adds to the beauty of place.
DAY 2: Chopta to Tungnath Chandrasheela Trek and return stay chopta
On the second day we will be starting our trek to the heavenly Tungnath temple and Chandrasheela Peak. After a refreshing breakfast we will be marching towards Tungnath temple which is around 5Kms from chopta. During this trail you will be able to capture some enchanting views of lush green meadows during spring season and snow sheets if during winter season. This trek is accessible throughout the year so you can visit anytime depending on the veiw you are looking for. Once reaching at the destination Tungnath temple worlds highest shrine will give you a divine feel which your soul and senses will be clearly Feeling and appreciating. Not only this we will be reaching at top of the Chandrasheela Peak which is just 2kms from tungnath temple where you will witness a view like nowhere it is something that your eyes will capture and print on to your memories for the rest of your life. Also that feeling of like being on top of the world and gazing at the majestic peaks of Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba is something that cannot be described in words. On the same day we will descend to chopta where you will be again able to witness a magnificent night sky during your stay.
DAY 3: Chopta to Haridwar
Next morning we will conclude the journey with a final drive to Haridwar from chopta. Relish a refreshing breakfast and be ready to view and enjoy scenic beauty of the way to Haridwar as during this 182kms journey you will come through Many beautiful forest ranges and awesome views of different villages of Himalayan region. We will make sure you have the most comfortable journey all along the route. Also we always appreciate your feedbacks so that we can make our services even more better for you and the experiences memorable. We will be looking forward to your next endeavour soon.
How To Reach Haridwar?
There is a various mode to reach Haridwar:
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, is located about 20 km from the city. You will find a daily flight and thento Haridwar via road.From Delhi to Dehradun.
Overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi and then to Haridwar
DDN FESTIVAL SPL – Departure from Delhi 10:25PM ; Arrival –Haridwar 6:25AM Available on all days of week 283 KMS.
BDTS HW SPL – Departure -H Nizamuddin– 2:45AM ; Arrival-Haridwar – 8:20AM Available on all days of week 250 KMS.
From Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate, a regular bus service from Delhi to Haridwar is Available.
Note: We recommend taking only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate.
The vehicle will pick you up from Haridwar Stations at 6:00 am, pick up charges are Included.
You are requested to reach Haridwar around 5:00 pm Food from Haridwar to Sonprayag is not included in the Kedarnath Badrinath Trip cost.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Chopta Tungnath Chandrasheela/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a Available payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Available sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Available sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.