About Kedarkantha Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,500 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 20 Kms.
- Base Camp: Sankri Village
- Nearest Bus/Railway Station/Airport: Dehradun
- Best time to do: November to April.
Want to experience the captivating beauty of nature? Then the Kedarkantha peak is just perfect for you. It is situated in the Garhwal region, Uttarakhand.
Kedarkantha is the most sought winter trekking destination in India. Its mesmerizing pictorial views attract many travelers around the world. The Kedarkantha Winter Trek is not tricky. Even a beginner set on to enjoy the adventure and can reach the peak without any hustle. At the Kedarkantha Trek, you will experience charming sights of snow-capped mountains, lush landscapes, frozen ponds, and mesmerizing peaks of the Himalayas. Kedarkantha winter trek is not just for adventure seekers; even a nature lover can enjoy the beauty of Kedarkantha Trek.
Also, the Kedarkantha Trek Package is affordable to everyone who loves to explore nature.
On the exotic journey of Kedarkantha Trek, we first go to sankari village, and it takes around 9 hours to reach. On the starting journey of Sankari Village, we drive through Dehradun and Mussoorie, and also we pass by wonderful pine forests. After reaching sankari, we will explore the hamlet to prepare for the trek.
Juda Ka Talab
We will head off to Kedarkantha Winter trek from Juda Ka Talab after moving out from sankari; You will find yourself towards Sor and Upwards, an inclined road that moves parallel to a fantastic stream. We passed by babbling brooks, dense forest, a lush carpet of maple and pine leaves. Juda Ka Talab is situated at the height of 9100 feet and the lake is surrounded by pines.
What should you expect when you reach Kedarkantha Peak?
When you reach Kedarkantha peak, you will find yourself surrounded by snow-capped mountains and lush greenery peaks. We are sure you will never experience this fascinating feeling before. Our Kedarnath Trek Package provides all the excitement in much less time and the least expensive budget. Isn't that great?
Hence, connect with us as we are running with some fantastic offers for our adventure junkie. Book your place now!!
- Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri
- Sankari Altitude: 1967 meters
- Distance: 200 km by road and time taken around 8-10 hours.
- Sankari Highlights: Pine forests, tons rivers, and pictorial views.
- Day 2: Sankari - Juda Ka Talab
- Juda Ka Talab Altitude: 3,430
- Distance: 8km trek and time taken around 7-8 hours.
- Juda Ka Talab Highlights: Tiny wooden hamlets, bridges, and rare flora and fauna
- Day 3: Juda Ka Talab - Kedarkantha Base Camp
- Trek Distance: 4 km
- Trek Time: 3-4 hours
- Max Altitude: 11,250 feet
- Day 4: Kedarkantha Base Camp to Kedarkantha Mountain Peak
- Distance: 6 km trek and time taken around 7 hours
- Altitude: 3,430 mts
- Highlights: 360-degree view of a mountain peak and mesmerizing sunrise.
- Day 5: Hargaon to Sankri
- Distance: 6-7 km trek and time taken around 4-5 hours.
- Highlights: Sunrise, oak forests, and har ki dun valley.
- Day 6: Sankri to Dehradun
- Distance: 200kms and time took around 8-10 hours
- Highlights: Mori towns, purple, and the doon view from Mussoorie
DAY 1: Arrival at Sankari Village
And your trip begins!!! Around 6:30 a.m. you will depart from Dehradun & will arrive at Sankri village by 3-4 p.m. So, it will take around 7-8 hours to reach Sankri Village. To make you aware of the Sankri Village, a little description is given:
It is a small town having dhabas and shops. The best time to reach here is by late evening so travelers can get to see the beautiful sunset. It is assumed that after reaching over here the tiredness of the travelers changes into the pleasure which they get here. And beginning the journey with this amazing destination creates curiosity to explore further destinations and the whole journey. In short, the village is full of scenic beauty and will make the travelers relax.
Now is the time to explore the never-ending beauty of Sankri Village. You will also get to explore the famous Govind National Park of Uttarakhand which possesses a wide variety of flora.
To make all the travelers aware, mobile networks may get hampered at some places. But still, you will have many other things in the village which can make you forget about your mobile networks like the local market of the village which looks beautiful at night. Trying the traditional dishes of the area would really be a mesmerizing memory for the travelers. Travelers can now take a rest at the resort to regain the energy for the upcoming journey after having a delicious dinner. So, this is a brief description of the first day of your journey to Kedarkantha Trek.
DAY 2: Snakari Village to Juda Ka Talab
On Day 2, you will continue your journey amid the thick jungles consisting of Pine trees. After having breakfast, you will move towards 'Juda Ka Talab' located at an altitude of 9100 feet. You need to trek around 1.5km to reach Juda ka Talab. It might take half an hour to finish the trek. While crossing Sankri Village you will be exploring various natural things like natural streams, various flora, and fauna, etc. The trek will be completely adventurous which will become the best trek of your life. With exploring nature you might also find it thrilling.
The trek not only adds up one more journey to your list but also enhances your knowledge about the culture of the other localities. Like while you will be traveling to Juda Ka Talab, you will meet up with various locals and will get to know about their lifestyle which is quite interesting, isn't it?
You are definitely going to feel like you are in the lap of Mother Nature and this would be the best part of your whole journey. In the evening, you can also enjoy a campfire. All the arrangements of food will be there in the place. This night you will be experiencing the best memories of your life, you will rest in the tents.
DAY 3: Juda Ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base Camp
This day you need to reach the destined place,i.e. Kedarkantha Trek Base Camp presents at an altitude of 11, 250 feet. From Juda ka Talab to this base camp, you need to travel around 4kms. You will see snow all around which will fill more joy on your journey. This trek is also amid a dense forest of pine trees which eventually leads to the destination. There are various shepherd huts that add limitless beauty to the place.
During the journey, you can re-energize yourself by having some rest and food. Finally, when you will reach the base camp, you will see the immense beauty and will love the place. You are advised to not get separated and stay with your group. Do carry your woolen clothes as the place is really cold especially at night. After having dinner, you will be having rest in tents only and can enjoy stars glittering in the clear sky. It will give you an amazing experience.
DAY 4: Kedarkantha Base to Kedarkantha Peak
Get your day started with the heart-taking view of sunrise and then have a delicious breakfast. On this day, you will walk towards the Kedarkantha summit. The journey is about 6kms and hence can take around 7 hours to get completed. In the mid-way, you will have a rest at Hargaon camp. The earlier you arrive the more you can enjoy the evening time with your buddies at the campfire. The evening will end with supper and finally having rest in the tents.This long trek would definitely fill you with more enthusiasm and curiosity to hit the summit further.
Now the time is to reach the apex point at 12,500 feet. The journey will include getting through the oak trees, walnut and pine trees, various water streams, and huts. After reaching out to the summit, one can explore the place thoroughly and then needs to get back to the Hargaon camp post-lunch. Now take a rest at Hargaon camp and have sweet dreams about your lovable and mesmerizing journey to the date.
DAY 5: Hargoan Camp to Sankri
Till the date, you might have collected various wonderful memories of the journey but if still, you want to gain more, you are free to explore the village to know more and more about the area. Take snaps of the natural beauty, get involved with the localities, and make them friends. Collect more and more memories and make the trip worth it. After having breakfast, you will move back to the point from where you started.
Do explore the complete journey whole returning as well. You can even take with you a token of love in the form of any local products like wooden toys, or any other kind of showpiece for your family and friends. The journey will also give you many new friends as well which definitely improves your aura.
DAY 6: Departure Day
The last of your journey but not of your excitement. Make sure to continue your excitement and curiosity for the more treks further in your life and live life to the fullest. You will be dropped in Dehradun with full safety and security.
We look forward to adding more adventures to your lives by providing you more exciting trips to various locations.
How to Reach Kedarkantha Trek?
There is a various mode to reach Kedarkantha Trek:
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, is located about 20 km from the city. You will find a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun.
Overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi
Nanda Devi Express - Departure 11:50 PM Arrival - 05:40 AM
Dehradun Express - Departure - 09:10 PM Arrival - 05:00 AM
From Delhi's ISBT Kashmere Gate, regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun is available. Note: We recommend taking only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate.
The vehicle will pick you up from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:00 am, pick charges are included.
You will reach Sankri around 05:00 PM
Food from Dehradun to Sankri is not included in the Kedarkanath trek
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Kedarkantha Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.