About Ruinsara Lake Trek
- Region: Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Moderate
- Max Altitude: 3500 mt.
- Distance : 14km from Osla
Ruinsara Lake Trek is the most amazing lake trek you would experience. It is situated at the foot of Mount Kalang and is at a distance of 14km from Osla. It would be not wrong if we say that Ruinsara Lake is the center of attraction for trekkers. The lake is considered to be a sacred one by the locals.
From the lake, one could have scenic views of Mount Kalang, Bandar Poonch, Swargarohini peaks. The lake can be considered ideal for camping. And by the time you reach here, you will be getting close to nature by exploring various inhabitants in between the journey.
Trek to this lake can fulfill you with lots of new experiences and provide you with lost energy. Do carry your water bottles.
You will be amazed to see our organized manner of handling everything during the trek. To make everyone feel comfortable and to satisfy everyone, we always come up with the best Ruinsara Lake trek package.
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Sankri
- Distance: 185 Kms via road
- DAY 2: Sankri to Taluka
- Distance: 12 Kms via road
Trek : Taluka to Seema
- Trek Distance: 12 km
- DAY 3: Seema to Intermediate camp
- DAY 4: Intermediate Camps to Ruinsara Tal
- DAY 5: Ruinsara Tal to Seema
- DAY 6: Pauni Garaat to Sankri / Taluka
- Distance: 12 km
- Trek:Taluka to Dehradun(197 kms via road)
Day 1: Dehradun to Sankri
After picking you up from Dehradun, you will move towards Sankri Village. You will reach there via Mussoorie. Following the scenic beauty path of the journey, you will reach Sankri village by evening. Breakfast and lunch will be packed. Then overnight to be spent in the guest house or tents in Sankri Village.
Day 2: Sankri to Taluka
This day is reserved for Taluka & Seema. At first, you will reach Taluka from Sankri Village. Taluka is about 12 km away from Sankri. Then from Taluka, you will head towards Seema(2260m) - 12 km trek. You will discover various thick forests full of walnut, pine trees. Waterfalls are also there in between the trek.
You will reach Seema Camps by late afternoon or evening and will stay there overnight in tents.
Day 3: Seema to Intermediate camp
On the third day of the trip, you will move from Seema to Intermediate camp which is a 10 km trek.
After an early breakfast, you will begin your trek. The route encompasses thick forest and many mesmerizing waterfalls. Also, there are tempting meadows in between the trek. The trek will take 6-7 hours to accomplish.
Day 4: Intermediate Camps to Ruinsara Tal
On this day you will go to Ruinsara Tal from Intermediate Camps which is an 8 km trek. You will reach this tal by afternoon. The Ruinsara Tal Trek is the best part of this whole journey & will give you endless memories. At the southwest direction of Ruinsara Tal, there is Yamuna Kanta which is a way towards Yamunotri and is also considered to be a difficult trek. Similarly at the east of Ruinsara Tal, there is situated Bandarpoonch Peak which is at an altitude of 6,387 m. You will also see the majestic Swargarohini Range. And in this manner, you will be able to discover many peaks around you & this is the best part of the journey. You will stay in tents overnight.
Day 5: Seema from Ruinsara Tal
The fifth day is to return to Seema from Ruinsara Tal and it is an 18 Km trek. Lunch will be packed.
You will reach Seema by late afternoon or evening. And overnight stay will be in tents.
Day 6: Seema to Taluka
On the last day of the journey, you will move to Taluka from Seema which is a 12 km trek. And then from Taluka, you will drive to Dehradun( 197 km via road).
After having Breakfast at Taluka, you will start your trek towards Taluka and will reach taluka by afternoon. Then from Taluka to Dehradun. You will be dropped in Dehradun by late evening or night. And hence your journey gets concluded.
How to Reach Ruinsara Lake Trek ?
After landing at Jolly Grant Airport (20 km from the city), reach Railway Station, Dehradun.
Trains are always running from Delhi to Dehradun.
- Nanda Devi Express - Train no: 12205
Departure: 11:50 pm & Arrival: 5:40 am
- Dehradun Express - Train no: 12687
Departure: 9:10 pm & Arrival: 5:00am
Like trains, buses can also be easily accessed from Delhi to Dehradun.
A trip on the Himalayas pick-up service will meet you at Dehradun Railway Station and then your journey will begin.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Rupin Pass Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.