About Kedarnath & Chopta
Lord Shiva is one of the most worshiped gods in the Hindu religion known for his very kind and merciful nature.Every Hindu is well known about His Holiness and divine power to fill hour hearts with joy mercy and wishfulness. Dev bhumi Uttarakhand is very fortunate to have one of the most sacred temples devoted to Lord Shiva and also worlds highest Shrine Dedicated to bhole bhandari itself. Not only for spiritual seekers but for the travel and adventure enthusiasts we bring to you Kedarnath and Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek Package. A journey which will not only spiritually Touch your soul but also rejuvenate Your senses with many divine views of mountains, snow capped peaks, trails with lush green meadows, natural Waterfalls and much more. Along with all these this trekking experience never fails to get it’s travellers awestruck after the steep distance to top of the journey. Let us give you a brief description of the 2 heavenly places that we are going to take you to make this trip one of your most memorable ones.
When it comes to Hindu religion and spirituality Kedarnath is one of the most remembered and visited destinations. Located in Chamoli district of Devbhoomi Uttrakhand the temple stands at an altitude of 3583 Meters. It is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga was built to honour Lord Shiva which is at highest altitude among all 12 and is also first destination of Panch Kedar pilgrimage site. Every year thousands of visitors all round the World come and experience this Wonder placed in the nature’s lap. Because of the high altitude kedarnath temple has a 18Kms trekking trail too from Gaurikund. Because the trek is steep a regular medical check-up is advised as at the top people with breathing problems might find it a little uneasy. For trekking enthusiasts this journey will serve as cheery on top after they have glimpse of the magnificent kedarnath temple.
Chopta Tungnath & Chandrashila
Connected well and accessible by roads Chopta has become one of the most prominent trekking spot for travel enthusiasts. One of the reasons being this track trail is accessible throughout the year. The chopta tungnath trek is rather small having a trail of 4 kilometres but don’t let this short distance undermined the fruit of it's accomplishment as when trek completes you will find yourself at an altitude of 12,106 feet Which is at the highest shrine of Lord Shiva itself the temple tungnath. The fun doesn’t just end here as moving on We continue our trek to the peak of Chandrashila which is just at top of the temple just 1.5Kms away. The Chandrashila peak stands at a height of 3690meters. The view from here is no less than magic. From here you can have clear majestic views of peaks like Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba. During Summers and spring seasons the place gets covered in lush green Meadows and during winters it covers itself in thick sheets of snow throughout the year the beauty of this place never fails to amaze it’s visitors.
This Tour and Trek package has been curated in order to provide our travellers an essence of both spirituality and adventure with amazing views of heavenly Himalayan region. With all the above information we always encourage our travellers to ensure there Medical fitness as on these altitudes Air becomes very thin making it sometimes difficult to breathe for people with respiratory problems. Apart from that we take every measure to ensure that you have best and safest experience along the journey.
- Day 1: Haridwar to Sonprayag
- Pickup From Haridwar and drive to Sonprayag
- Distance 233Kms
- Time 7.5Hours Appx.
- Day 2: Sonprayag to Kedarnath
- Drop at Gaurikund via Cab and Trek from there to Kedarnath
- Distance 16kms
- Time 5-6Hours
- Day 3: Kedarnath to Sonprayag trek and same day drive chopta 35 km.
- On third day we will be going to Sonprayag via trek which is of 19kms in distance and on the same day we will be taking you to chopta for the night stay.
- Day 4: Chopta to Tungnath Chandrashila Trek
- On the fourth day we begin our trek to Tungnath temple which is almost 4kms in distance from chopta and after that we proceed further to Chandrasheela Peak.
- Day 5: Chopta to Haridwar
- Distance 182Kms
- Time 5Hr 30mins.
- On the Final day we will be driving you to your drop station at Haridwar marking and end to the joyful journey.
DAY 1: Haridwar to Sonprayag
We will pick you up from one of the Holiest city of India i.e., Haridwar and will be taking you to Sonprayag in a comfortable drive. This will be a 233kms ride and wi Il be taking roughly about 7 will stop in—8Hrs. We between the journey if needed for refreshments and breaks. This part of the journey will give you ample glimpse of flora and fauna also with change in the temperature and quality of air as you reach Sonpra yag which is at an altitude of 1829m. One famous aspect of Sonprayag is that it is believed that this is the place when Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati got Married. Hence this place holds a lot of spiritual value
DAY 2: Sonprayag to Kedarnath
After a restful night at Sonprayag we begin our second day which is to reach our destination Kedarnath. Be prepared with all enthusiasm as this part of the journey will take you across a 16Kms Trekking experience will definitely refresh your body as well as your soul . We will be moving till Gaurikund via cab and then the trekking experience shall begin. Trekking will start at 4AM in the morning to make sure you complete the journey on time. Also the trek will be taking approximately 6complet 7Hrs to complete and once ed you will be witnessing one of the most Sacred temples of India none other than kedarnatha itself. During the trek you will be able to view beautiful views of jungle chatti and Bheem Bali two of the most common place of a pause for refreshments. The trek takes you to a high altitude of 3583meters so a Medical checkup will be required as it may get difficult for people with respiratory problems. Also If you do not want to go by walking you can also choose Palki mules or Kandi.
DAY 3: Kedarnath to Sonprayag trek and same day drive Chopta 75km
On the third day of our journey we trek down to Sonprayag enjoying the downhill walk while enjoying the scenic beauty of the place. While the descend may get steep make sure you are taking enough precautions while c ome down through slippery passages. When reaching Gaurikund you can spend some time here to cherish this peaceful and spiritual spot. Once done we will drive you to a 35Km journey to Chopta where we will be staying for the night and start next part of our journey next day. Make sure to take enough rest and enjoy the night sky at Chopta.
DAY 4: Chopta to Tungnath Chandrasheela trek
On the day four be prepared to indulge in the magic of tungnath temple and Chandrasheela Peak. We will be marching towards Tungnath temple which is around 4Kms from chopta. During this trail you will be able to capture some enchanting views of lush green meadows during spring season and snow sheets if during winter season. This trek is accessible throughout the year so you can visit anytime depending on the veiw you are looking for. Once reaching at the destination Tungnath temple worlds highest shrine will give you a divine feel which your soul and senses will be clearly Feeling and appreciating. Not only this we will be reaching at top of the Chandrasheela Peak where you will witness a view like nowhere it is something that your eyes will capture and print on to your memories for the rest of your life. Also that feeling of like being on top of the world and gazing at the majestic peaks of Nanda Devi and Chaukhamba is something that cannot be described in words. On the same day we will descend to chopta where you will be again able to witness a magnificent night sky during your stay.
DAY 5: Chopta to Haridwar
After breakfast, drive early morning to Chopta, badrinath It will take 7to8 hours reach in badrinath. Check-in at hotel and after refreshment, start tample darsan In badrinath. After badrinath darsan you can visit near by mana Village. Mana Village only 3km from badrinath. So you can see mana Village. When you reach in mana then you can see Ganesh gupa and vedvyas gupa. After then come back to badrinath and stay there.
How To Reach Haridwar?
There is a various mode to reach Haridwar:
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun, is located about 20 km from the city. You will find a daily flight and thento Haridwar via road.From Delhi to Dehradun.
Overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi and then to Haridwar
DDN FESTIVAL SPL – Departure from Delhi 10:25PM ; Arrival –Haridwar 6:25AM Available on all days of week 283 KMS.
BDTS HW SPL – Departure -H Nizamuddin– 2:45AM ; Arrival-Haridwar – 8:20AM Available on all days of week 250 KMS.
From Delhi’s ISBT Kashmere Gate, a regular bus service from Delhi to Haridwar is Available.
Note: We recommend taking only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate.
The vehicle will pick you up from Haridwar Stations at 6:00 am, pick up charges are Included.
You are requested to reach Haridwar around 5:00 pm Food from Haridwar to Sonprayag is not included in the Kedarnath Badrinath Trip cost.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Kedarnath & Chopta/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a Available payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Available sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Available sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.