About Gaumukh Tapovan Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 08 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude: 14,300 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 46 Kms.
Gaumukh Tapovan Trek is a rare yet adventurous one. Once you reach here, you will see so many summit views. One of the best summit views you will see is Mt. Shivling. Mt. Shivling is one of the most beautiful summits in India. Apart from this summit, you will also see Bhagirathi Sisters. The area during the trek will make you astonished with amazing and breathtaking views. You will surely get lost in the serene environment offered by the trek.
The Gaumukh Tapovan Trek is 46 km in distance & you will have to dedicate 8 days for it from start to end. If we talk about the grade of this trek, then it ranges from easy to moderate level,i.e. beginners can also cover up this trek. The trek follows the path of the Greater Himalayas & Gangotri National Park.
This trek will start from the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand and will end at Gangotri. Amidst the trek, you will find several beautiful and traditional things that will make your journey even more alluring. You will never feel tired in this 8 days trek as your energy will keep on rejuvenating with the serene environment of the place.
If you are completely unaware of this trek & have any kind of query then you are 24*7 Welcome to contact us. We always do our best to provide efficient solutions to our customers. We provide the most economical Gaumukh Tapovan Trek Package to all our customers. You may avail of this package and experience the great Gaumukh Tapovan Trek.
- Day 1: Dehradun to Gangotri (Drive)
- Altitude: 10,170 ft.
- Distance: 241 km
- Time: 8 hours
- You will en-route- Mussoorie, Dhanolti, Uttarkashi, Harshil & then Gangotri.
- Day 2: Day to reconcile at Gangotri
- This day you will explore & have rest in the guest house.
- Day 3: Gangotri to Chirbassa (Trek)
- Altitude: 10171 ft to 11680 ft.
- Distance: 9 km
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Moderate Trek in Gangotri National Park. Will stay in tents.
- Day 4: Chirbassa to Bhojwasa (Trek)
- Altitude: 11680 ft. to 12435 ft.
- Distance: 5 km
- Time: 2-3 hours
- Rest in tents. Moderate level of ascent
- Day 5: Bhojwasa to Khada Pathar via Gaumukh & Tapovan (Trek)
- Altitude: 12435 ft. to 14600 ft. via 13452 ft.
- Time: 5-6 hours
- Stay in tents. Slightly difficult ascent.
- Day 6: Tapovan to Chirbassa (Trek)
- Altitude: 14600 ft. to 11680 ft.
- Time: 6-7 hours
- Day 7: Chirbasa to Gangotri (Trek)
- Altitude: 11680 ft. to 10171 ft..
- Distance: 9 km
- Time: 4-5 hours
- Day 8: Back to Dehradun (Drive)
- Distance: 240 Km
- Time: 8 hours
DAY 1: Dehradun to Gangotri (10,170 ft.)
Your first day will start from Dehradun. You will travel 241 km to reach Gangotri. It will take around 8 hours to reach there. You will surely enjoy this journey. You will en route Mussorie, Dhanolti, Uttarkashi, and then Gangotri. As soon as you will reach Mussorie, you will get to see the beautiful sights of majestic Shivalik ranges.
Soon, you will arrive at Uttarkashi. Uttarkashi is situated on the banks of the Bhagirathi river. There you will get to see several temples. After that, you will reach Harshil Valley in Uttarkashi. This valley is a great tourist destination. It is beautifully covered with nature's beauty. You will see here orchards of apples.
Then after some time, you will reach the destination of the day,i.e Gangotri. It is also situated on the banks of the Bhagirathi River. After reaching here, you can explore the place & market. You may also interact with locals. You will definitely love this place. Then after having dinner, rest in a hotel/guest house for the night.
DAY 2: Day to reconcile at Gangotri (10,170 ft.)
You will have a great morning at Gangotri on your second day.
This day you will stay in Gangotri only. You will get health supplements for your body. By doing this, your body will get adaptable to the environment and temperature it will meet in the further journey. Therefore, with this, you will also get a chance to visit Gangotri Dham, one of the Char Dhams of Uttarakhand. Apart from this, you will also get to visit several other temples too.
Enjoy your full day here and rest at night.
DAY 3: Gangotri to Chirbassa (10171 ft to 11680 ft.)
Your third day will begin by having delicious breakfast. After that you will proceed towards your trek. Your way of trek will be across mountains. You will see forests with pine trees. The grade of the trek will be moderate. Your this day's trek will be completely in the Gangotri National Park.
Soon, your trek will take you to the place from where you will be able cobbles of Sudarshan peak. After crossing which you will reach your campsite. Your campsite lies amidst the mountains and will make you feel so peaceful. You will also see peaks of Bhagirathi Sisters from your campsite. Then have your lunch and rejunuvate yourself. After that spend your quality time with your friends and make fruitful utilisation of this time. Then have your dinner and stay in camps overnight.
DAY 4: Chirbassa to Bhojwasa (11680 ft. to 12435 ft.)
You will have a blissful morning and will enjoy the morning breakfast. Then you will begin your 2 to 3 hours trek with a moderate level ascent. As you will move forward, you will get a closer view of Bhagirathi peaks.
Soon, you will reach plain terrain,i.e. your campsite for the day, Bhojwassa. From here you will see the beautiful view of Mt. Shivling. You will reach here early as the trek is short. Then enjoy your remaining day here. At the night you may feel cold, so wear your warm clothes.
DAY 5: Bhojwasa to Khada Pathar via Gaumukh & Tapovan (12435 ft. to 14600 ft. via 13452 ft.)
The trek of the day will be the longest and strenuous in comparison with other days' trek. Make sure to fill your water bottles. It may be slightly difficult but is full of adventure and enthusiasm.
Gaumukh is considered the endpoint of Gangotri Glacier. You will be filled with religious beliefs once you will reach here.
From Gaumukh, the trek will get difficult. You will have to climb but always remain careful. Do follow your guide's instructions. After climbing, you will reach the final trek which leads to Tapovan. This trek is slightly rocky in nature. After crossing this you will realize that you have come more closer to the magnificent view of Mt. Shivling. Tapovan is generally famous for the Sadhus who come here for meditation purposes. This will be your base camp for the day. Enjoy the site and rest in camps overnight.
DAY 6: Tapovan to Chirbassa (14600 ft. to 11680 ft.)
Make sure to wake up early so that you do not miss the amazing morning view of the campsite. You will find eternal beauty in the surroundings.
Again, fill up your water bottles and begin your trek towards rocky terrain. While on this trek, you will descend which needs more care than the ascent. Move slowly. Listen to the advice of the guide.
After 6-7 hours of trek, you will reach Chirbassa. Here also you will see pine forests. And this day you will camp near the river, the best place to camp.
DAY 7: Chirbasa to Gangotri (11680 ft. to 10171 ft.)
This will be your last day of the trek. You will trek for about 4-5 hours to reach Gangotri. You will again pass all the beautiful sights. Walk along the Bhagirathi river. Soon you will reach Gangotri.
Stay overnight. Make sure to enjoy these moments a lot. Do click pictures and make millions of memories.
DAY 8: Back to Dehradun
Now, time to say goodbye to the beautiful place. Take pictures together and drive back to Dehradun.
How to Reach Gaumukh Tapovan Trek?
There is a various mode to reach Gaumukh Tapovan Trek:
You can reach Delhi from your city & from Delhi, you can reach Dehradun easily by flights. You will land at Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun. From there, you must reach the Railway Station of Dehradun. The Railway Station will be your pickup point.
To directly reach Railway Station, Dehradun, you can take direct trains from Delhi that are always available.
You can opt for this option too. Take the bus from Delhi and reach Dehraun's ISBT. From ISBT, you will need to travel a few kilometers to reach Dehradun's Railway Station.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Rupin Pass Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.