About Baraadsar Lake Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 08 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude: 12,500 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 20 Kms.
Baraadsar Lake is referred to as a sacred lake by the local people. Located at 4300m above sea level, it is rarely known by trekkers but is special in many terms. People say that if one prays here with a pure heart, prayers will never go in vain. The trek to this lake begins at Sankri village and takes us to the destined place. Amidst the trek, you will have the vistas of the almighty Himalayas and various forests with several trees which make the trek more exciting and adventurous.
The lake is separated by Rupin and Supin Valleys which are near the Himachal Pradesh border. Here you will experience the beautiful views of various enchanting meadows. In simple words, the beauty of this lake or this whole place can not be described in words and hence we prefer you to come here and gain a wonderful experience .
Now, you must be thinking about why to choose this place as your trek destination. The complete distance is 454 km via taxi and around 59 km on foot. You will stay here for 9 days and 8 nights. We will start this journey from Dehradun and then will reach the destination by crossing various villages. To be honest, the level of this trek ranges from moderate to difficult so it is advisable for beginners to come here after getting fully prepared or after experiencing other treks prior to this. People over here are sweet in nature and always welcome in a friendly manner. There are various landscapes you need to experience at least once in your lifetime. The best time to visit here is around May-June, September-November. Let's read the further details in the detailed itinerary part.
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Dhaula
- Altitude: 5,100 feet
- Time Taken: approx 7-8 hours & 207 km trek
- DAY 2: Himari to Sarutal
- Altitude: 2,000 m
- Time Taken: approx 5-6 hours & 7 km trek
- DAY 3: Sarutal to Badang
- Altitude: 2,600 m
- Time Taken: approx 5-6 hours & 8 km trek
- DAY 4: Badang to Masunda Dhar (Vijay Top)
- Altitude: 3,600 m
- Time Taken: approx 4-5 hours & 9 km trek
- DAY 5: Masunda Dhar to Devbasa via Daldhar
- Altitude: 3,650 m
- Time Taken: approx 4-5 hours & 5-7 km trek
- DAY 6: Dev Basa to Baraadsar Ridge
- Altitude: 4,300 m
- Time Taken: approx 4-5 hours & 7 km trek
- DAY 7: Baraadsar Ridge to Baraadsar Lake and back to Dev Basa
- Altitude: 2,000 m
- Time Taken: approx 6-7 hours & 13 km trek
- DAY 8: Dev Basa to Rahla Village (Fhitari Village) and drive to Sankri
- Altitude: 2,000 m
- Time Taken: approx 6-7 hours & 11 km trek
Day 1: Dehradun to Dhaula
On the first day of our trip, we will move towards Dhaula from Dehradun which is around 207 km and takes 7-8 hours of time. Dhauls is 5,100 feet above sea level. We will drive through the scenic beauty of Mussoorie, Nainbagh, Damta, Naugaon, Purola, Mori, Netwar and will enjoy the ride. In between the ride, we will have our lunch and then will continue the journey. Our base camp is Himri and from here we will start our trek. Baraadsar Lake is around 3-4 hours far from Dhaula. The place is covered with various beautiful elements like mountains covered with snow, local villages, thick forests, flora, and fauna.
Day 2: Himari to Sarutal
The second day will cover the journey from Himari to Sarutal which is 7 km in distance and takes 5-6 hours to reach. Sarutal is at an altitude of 2000 m.
The trek starts by crossing various pine forests and a steep climb. It is recommended to carry water bottles with you. There are some high-altitude villages in between the journey. Suggestions are to follow your guide and his instructions. At first, you will reach Bitri village which is a beautiful place in itself as it has many attraction points. There are certain houses made up of wood, people are great over here, Kinnauri style temples look amazing. Then post lunch we will head towards Sarutal. This night to be spent here in between the lush green meadow. After dinner, you will rest here in tents overnight.
Day 3: Sarutal to Badang
Today our journey route is Sarutal to Badang which is 8 km away and requires 5-6 hours to reach at an altitude of 2600 m. Spending a whole night in Badang is an adventure in itself. The place is rich in natural habitats and of course, is capable of giving you lots of memories. You will enjoy the whole trek to Badang by experiencing many things. Badang is surrounded by Deodar trees and looks gorgeous. After dinner, take a good night’s sleep in your tents.
Day 4: Badang to Masunda Dhar
The fourth day starts with a trek from Badang to Masunda Dhar (Vijay Top) at a distance of 9 Km & a time of 4-5 hours. Masunda Dhar is at a height of 3600 m. This trek is quite long and you will feel fatigued. Water bottles need to be carried. Your trek will start from Oak forests and then the altitude gets higher. After the long trek, you will reach Masunda Dhar within the estimated time period.
Day 5: Masunda Dhar to Devbasa via Daldhar
Today you will be going to Devbasa from Masunda Dhar via Daldhar. It is at a distance of 5-7 km and takes 4-5 hours to complete. Located at an altitude of 3650 m, Devbasa is defined to be a plain and rocky region. At the beginning of this day trek, do not forget to get vistas of sunrise from Masunda Dhar as it is the most beautiful thing to capture. In between the trek, you will observe various sites like Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch, and Ralgan. After that, you need to cross a few ridges to reach your destination.
Day 6: Dev Basa to Baraadsar Ridge
Today you will have to cover a distance of 7 km which will take 4-5 hours to reach Baraadsar Ridge(4300m) from Dev Basa. The trek is rough today and also a long one. There are two routes to reach the target and hence anyone can be chosen. The short route is steep & the long one can be completed by taking a round of the mountain.
Day 7: Baraadsar Lake from Baraadsar Ridge
Finally, the day to reach Baraadsar Lake from Baraadsar Ridge. And on the same day, we will get back to Dev Basa. The whole trek is 13 km & will take 6-7 hours. To reach Baraadsar Lake, it takes 2 hours. Trek is not so simple and hence precautions need to be taken. Around Baraadsar Lake, there are rocky ridges all around. The lake looks dark because of the shadow of the mountains reflected in its water. After enjoying Baraadsar Lake, we will return to Dev Basa.
Day 8: Dev Basa to Rahla Village
Second last day of the trip from Dev Basa to Rahla Village (Fhitari Village) and then drive to Sankri Village which is 11 km away. The whole journey will take 6-7 hours. In the morning after breakfast, the trek will start towards Daldhar. You will encounter meadows, pine forests. You will also see locals working in their agricultural land. In the midway, lunch break will be done. At last, we will reach Jakhol.
How to Reach Baraadsar Lake Trek
By Air :-
Via flight, you will reach Jolly Grant Airport at Dehradun. It is located at a distance of 20 km from the main city. And then the trip begins!
By Train :-
You can also reach Dehradun via train from Delhi.
Details of train:
Nandadevi Express- Number: 12205; Time of Departure- 11:50 pm; Time of Arrival- 5:40 am
Dehradun Express- Number: 12687; Time of Departure- 9:10 pm; Time of Arrival- 5:00 am
Buses can be availed at any time from Delhi to Dehradun. The bus will drop you at ISBT, Dehradun.
This is to inform all the trekkers that the Vehicle of Trip on Himalayas picks up the travelers from Railway Station, Dehradun at 6:00 am. The pic-up cost is included in the trek cost. After departing from Railway Station, we will reach Sankri Village at around 5:00 pm. The food(Dehradun to Sankri) is not included in the cost of the trek.
So these were some basic pieces of information you must be aware of but if still, you face any problem regarding anything you can contact us at any time.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Kedarkantha Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.