About Changsheel Bugyal Trek
It becomes difficult to stick to the same routine of our lives. Everyone wants to experience a great adventure to rejuvenate their souls. Here we are presenting a glimpse of one of the most exciting places of Uttarakhand, India, i.e Changsheel Bugyal. The region in which it falls is Uttarakhand to Himachal. It is the most beautiful hill station situated near Naitwar in Uttarkashi. The Changsheel Bugyal Trek is best for adventure or trek lovers. People from far away places visit these beautiful places especially in summers to feel the serene environment. This place is not only popular as a hill station but also popular for various flora and fauna.
This amazing place is located at an altitude of 3600 m. It is full of dozens of meadows that picture a unique beauty. Tourists can be spotted here throughout the year, especially in May, September, and October. In fact, these are the best months to visit this place. In the months between November and April, green meadows are covered with snow and it is so cold in these months that the whole trek might get hampered.
Here you will find numerous ridges, water streams, green meadows, and natural habitats, which are surely great reasons for you to visit this place at least once. Also, mesmerizing sunrise adds up sparkles to the beauty of the Changsheel Bugyal Trek . If you want to spend some quality time with yourself or with your friends here, then you must visit it as soon as possible. And of course, if you are a travel enthusiast or trek lover then this place is waiting for you.
Here are some mind-blowing places located near Changsheel Bugyal Trek Sunoiti Bugyal, Saamta Bugyal, Sarutaal, Devban, Murlachaad Waterfall, Tikula Thaatch, Taramandal, Bhiusingh Dhol Trek.
If you are worried about how to reach here and what package you must have to plan Changsheel Bugyal Trek then we are here for all your worries. We provide the best Changsheel Bugyal Trek Package which is best suitable for all kinds of people and can be easily acquired. You do not have to think even twice if you wish to come here at the most economical package. You can directly contact our team members and get all your queries resolved within no time.
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 07 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude: 13,000 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 32 Kms.
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Dhaula Camp
- Altitude: 1700 mt
- Distance: 210 km
- Time:8-9 hours
- From Dehradun Railway Station you will drive to Dhaula Camp by taxi.
You will stay overnight in tents.
- DAY 2: Dhaula Camp to Akhoti Thach
- Altitude: 5100 to 8350 ft
- Distance: 12 km
- Time: 6-7 hours
- DAY 3: Akhoti Thach to Changsheel Bugyal
- Altitude :8350 to 11,700 ft
- Distance :13 km
- Time :6 hours
- DAY 4: REST DAY
- Explore this day as per your wish and stay here overnight in camp
- DAY 5: Changsheel to Akhoti Thach
- Altitude : 11,700 to 8350 ft
- Distance : 13 km
- Time :6 hours
- DAY 6: Akhoti Thach to Dhaula Camp
- Altitude: 8350 to 5100 ft.
- Distance: 12 km
- Time:6-7 hours
- DAY 7: Dhaula Camp to Dehradun
- Altitude: 5100 ft.
- Distance: 210 km
- Time:8-9 hours
Day 1 : Dehradun to Dhaula Camp (5100 ft)
On your first day of Changsheel Bugyal Trek, you will be picked up from the Dehradun Railway Station. From the railway station, you will move ahead towards Dhaula Camp by taxi. Dhaula Camp is almost 210 km away from the station and it will take 8-9 hours to reach there. Mussorie is on the way and it will give you immense pleasure as you will be moving towards the camp. You will find dense forests with pine trees, water streams, Kempty falls, and many more natural glimpses.
You will stay in Dhaula Camp overnight.
After exploring the village you will be having a delicious dinner and then you can sleep overnight in the guest room to fill yourself with freshness for the further journey to explore.
Day 2: Dhaula (5100 ft) to Akhoti Thach (8350 ft)
On your next day of the trek, you will head towards (trek) Akhoti Thach which is 10 km away from the Dhaula Camp. It is about 6 hours away. While trekking you will come across various streams, small villages, and dense forests. You will find natural beauty and everything you will see on your way. You will find various trees that are mostly present in hilly areas like Deodar, Silver Birch, Pine, and many more. If you visit this place in the month of April you will see blooming rhododendron flowers on your way. Hence you will see a variety of colors during the trek which will give you peace.
Each and every place is covered with nature's beauty and hence you can not resist taking pictures all the way.
Gradually as you move forward, you will cross the Rupin river. After crossing the river you will have to take a left turn which is the way to Akhoti Thach. On this particular way you will pass Estari gad, you may also see the state bird of Uttarakhand,i.e. Monal, and many more natural habitats. During your climb you will see many apple orchards, houses made up of wood.
Further, you will see Forest Rest House and from here Akhoti Thach is just 3km away. Restovernight in the camp.
Day 3: Akhoti Thach (8350 ft) to Changsheel (11,700 ft)
The third day will be the way to Changsheel Bugyal Trek. From Akhoti Thach, Changhseel Bugyal is about 7 km away and you will reach here in about 5 hours. You will leave your campsite after breakfast and will move towards your trek. But make sure you are carrying your raincoats as rains are so common at this place. You can see various water streams and can fill your water bottles from here. Your whole trek goes through the dense forests. This trail is quite difficult as you may see fallen trees on the way due to rain. Here is a present variety of birds and animals.
Soon, you will see a climb on the trek. But do help each other in crossing the climb as it may be slippery in nature due to rain. After this climb, the trail is straight. You will see meadows and below meadows, you can see your campsite.
Day 4: Rest & Explore the bugyal
Your fourth day of the trek will be your rest day. On this day you have the chance to explore the place completely. After having a delicious breakfast, you can go exploring the meadow. Capture the best pictures and keep them as your lifetime memories. You will find enough peace and inner satisfaction at this place. You can play games, go for a long walk, and many more. You will be amazed to see the mesmerizing view of the Himalayas covered with snow. But do make sure to keep the place neat and clean throughout your stay. Rest overnight here.
Day 5: Changsheel to FRH campsite
You will return to Forest Rest House on your fifth day from Changsheel Bugyal. You may stay here instead of Akhochi Thach. Make sure to make new friends and know more about the tradition of the place throughout your journey. It will make your trek worth it.
Day 6: FRH to Dhaula and then to Sankri Village
Your sixth day will be a trek to Dhaula Camp and then to Sankri Village. You will stay in Sankri Village in a hotel.
Day 7: Sankri to Dehradun
And hence your trek ends on this day. After having breakfast at Sankri, you will return to Dehradun via taxi. And from Dehradun, you can follow your individual ways to return to your places.
Surely, you will love the trek and will memorize it for your lifetime.
How to Reach Changsheel Bugyal Trek
By Air :-
The Jolly Grant Airport is the closest airport from where you can reach Changsheel. The airport is well connected to Delhi. There are regular flights to Dehradun from Delhi. From Airport, Dehradun Railway Station is just 35km which is our meeting point.
By Train :-
There are regular trains running from Delhi to Dehradun. Recommended Trains:- Nandadevi Express and Dehradun Express.
Buses are also always available from Delhi to Dehradun. If you come by Bus, your departure point will be at ISBT, Dehradun. And from here you can reach out to Dehradun Railway Station which is just 6 km away.
If you still face any queries, reach out to us and we will guide you accordingly.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Kedarkantha Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.