About Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Region: Uttarakhand
- Trek Duration: 06 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy
- Max Altitude: 12,300 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 20 Kms.
Dayara Bugyal (12,000 Ft. Altitude 15 Km. Distance) Dayara Bugyal is one of the most lovable bugyals in Uttarakhand. The eye-catching scenery and lush green area all around fill a person with positivity and excitement. In the surroundings, you can see majestic mountains covered with snow which add up more beauty to the place. Dayara Bugyal is situated in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. It is at an altitude of 10,000 to 12,500 ft. Spread over 28 sq km, it proves to be the best trekking destination. Even in winters, it is the best suitable destination for skiing.
You can discover various folds in this place where you can see huts of shepherds, thick forests, mesmerizing views, and many more. After reaching there you can have the sight of Mt. Banderpoonch and Black Pea. It looks great to see how these mountains emerge from the meadows of Dayara Bugyal Trek. If you love wonders and want to expand your experience then definitely you must choose Dayara Bugyal Trek and give wings to your dreams.
We at the Trip on the Himalayas are always ready to make our customers satisfied by providing them the best possible options to trek and the Dayara bugyal Trek package is one of them. We also provide Dayara Bugyal Winter trek for the people who love hiking and want to experience it at this beautiful destination.
You may go through the detailed itinerary for more information regarding Dayara Bugyal Trek
- DAY 1: Dehradun to Natin
- Altitude: 7,400 ft.
- Drive for about: 180 km for 6-7 hours
- Pick up: From Railway Station, Dehradun
- DAY 2: Natin to Gui
- Altitude: 7,400 to 9,500 ft.
- Distance to be covered: 3.5 km for about 4-5 hours
- DAY 3: Gui to Chelapada
- Altitude:9,500 to 9,800 ft.
- Distance to be covered: 3 km for 2 hours
- DAY 4: Chelapada to Dayara Bugyal top and get back to Gui
- Altitude: 9,800 to 12,100ft
- Distance to be covered: 6 km( single way distance) for 6-7 hours
- DAY 5: Gui to Natin
- Altitude: 9,900 to 7,400 ft
- Distance to be covered: 3.5 km for 2 hours
- DAY 6: Natin to Dehradun
- Time to be taken: 6-7 hours
- Reach by: around 3-4 p.m.
Day 1: Dehradun to Natin
The journey starts from Dehradun to Natin Village. It is 7,400 ft above sea level. The distance from Dehradun to Natin is 180m km via Mussoorie and hence takes 6-7 hours. Natin is the base camp of Dayara Bugyal and is situated 38 km from Uttarkashi district. The village is completely occupied with greenery and provides immense beauty. Bhagirathi river flows throughout the Natin Village. Then after you will get routed towards Raithal by passing betweeen the mountains. You will be amazed to see the vistas of Gangotri Range, Shrikanth Peak.
For capturing the beauty of the place you can wait and spend some quality time in this beautiful place.
Day 2: Natin to Gui
On the second day, you will head towards Gui(7,400 to 9,500 ft). You will start your day with an early morning breakfast and then will continue your journey towards Gui. The distance to Gui is 3.5 km & takes about 4-5 hours. The route is embarked through the jungle and provides amazing views of old, silver oak trees. The route gets ascending with the time, that's why it takes a little bit longer to reach the campsite.
You will see a campsite covered with infinite alpine trees. You can also get breath-taking vistas of the Gangotri range and Shrikanth peak from Gui. You will have dinner at the same place and will rest in tents at the campsite.
Day 3: Gui to Chelapada
The third day will give you a chance for hiking. On this day you will reach the next campsite,i.e. Chelapada (9,500 to 9,800 ft). This hiking will be for a short period of time and hence you can enjoy it a lot on this day. It will take 2 hours to cover 3 km. You may find some traces of snow in between the path. There will also be water streams flowing near the campsite.
Have your delicious dinner and overnight stay here.
Day 4: Chelapada to Dayara Bugyal top
Finally, the day comes to hit the summit. On this day you will move towards Dayara Bugyal top from Chelapada(9,800 to 12,100 ft). And on the same day, you will return to Gui. The single-way distance is 6 km and will take 6-7 hours. The Dayara Bugyal Trek will give you an immense feeling of excitement and will make you fall in love with the place again and again. You will see a vast meadow after reaching the top. You will discover varieties of flowers which make the path more beautiful.
You will not even have an idea when you reach the summit because of the amazing pathway that you will be following. You will see a natural water stream also.
While you will be climbing to reach the final destination it might feel steep but going through it is also worth it. After reaching the destination, you will also be able to see the Dodital range which looks stunning. After then you will see Gidara pass which distinguishes the ways of Pichkiya and Gidara Bugyal. Spend some time here and adore the natural beauty of this place, click pictures and feel nature from inside. You will surely be filled with immense peace and will get a feeling of satisfaction which is worth it.
After spending some quality time at the place, you need to go back towards Gui. The day might make you tired but it is worth it.
DAY 5 : Gui to Natin
Now the time is to return to the initial place and hence you can again enjoy the same route again while returning. On this day you will stay in Natin. You can even explore the village and can talk to the localities to expand your knowledge about the place and believe that people over here are so friendly in nature and always have a smile on their faces while conversing with travelers. Spend overnight at Natin.
DAY 6 : Natin to Dehradun
Finally, the journey comes to an end. On this day you will return to Dehradun from Natin. You will reach Dehradun by 3-4 p.m. Take lots of memories with you and plan to come back with more enthusiasm and joy.
How to Reach Dayara Bugyal?
There is a various mode to reach Dayara Bugyal:
Via air, you will reach Jolly Grant Airport which is about 20 km from Dehradun city. Then reach Railway Station, Dehradun from where you will be picked up by vehicle of Trip on the Himalayas.
Trains are available from Delhi to Dehradun.
Nandadevi Express: Train no: 12205
Time of Departure: 11:50 PM
Time of Arrival: 05:40 AM
Buses are always available from Delhi to Dehradun.
From there you have to reach Dehradun Railway Station.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Rupin Pass Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.