About Pin Bhaba Pass Trek
- Region: Himachal Pradesh
- Trek Duration: 08 Days
- Trek Difficulty: Easy To Moderate
- Max Altitude: 16,100 Ft.
- Approx Trekking Km:- 51 Kms.
Situated in the Himachal Pradesh region & having a moderate level grade, Pin Bhaba Trek is one of the most famous & interesting treks of India.
You might get confused with Pin Bhaba Trek & Pin Parvati Pass Trek, they both are completely different from each other. The only common thing between them is- The Pin Valley. The journey of this trek starts from Shimla.
When we talk about Pin Bhaba Trek, then here you can see the confluence of Pin Valley & Bhaba Valley. You will witness both- the greenery as well as dryness in this place. The side of Bhaba Valley consists of livelihood. You will adore the plenty of Pine, Oak, and Silver Birch in this region. When you begin your trek, you will first go through the dense forests. You will also see the Bhaba river flowing by the side of your trek. Gradually, when you move forward & will gain some height, you will reach a place full of greenery & colorful flowers everywhere around.
There will be large grasslands with utmost greenery. This place looks soothing. Here you can also see shepherds. One of the famous grasslands present over there is Kara grasslands. In this grassland, you will witness a wide number of goats, horses, and many more grass-eating animals.
Slowly you will find yourself in a place surrounded by snow-covered mountains. You may feel tired as the path is a little bit tricky, but soon you will feel alright by becoming a piece of evidence to a beautiful scene of nature. As soon as you reach Pin valley, you will see mountains of the color brown, red, and yellow. From here the path to Spiti starts. There will be a number of beautiful pictures you will discover before & after reaching your campsite. The Pin Bhaba Trek will become your favorite trek.
Be the first one to book your seat for Pin Bhaba Trek & avail best Pin Bhaba Trek Package. You will find our Pin Bhaba Trek Package as the most economical in the industry. You will be loving the whole trek & will cherish it forever. Pack your bags & make your friends/family ready & start the best trek- The Pin Bhaba Trek.
DAY 1: Shimla to Kafnu (Drive)
- Altitude: 7,900ft.
- Distance: 200 km
- Time: 7 hours
- Make your warm clothes ready as you may need them as you will move up. Stay in the guest house after reaching Kafnu.
DAY 2: Kafnu to Mulling (Trek)
- Altitude: 7,900 ft. to 10,700 ft.
- Distance: 11 km
- Time: 8-9 hours
- The level of the trek will be moderate to difficult. Water sources are available on the way. Stay in camps.
DAY 3: Mulling to Kara (Trek)
- Altitude: 10,700 ft to 11,700 ft.
- Distance: 6 km
- Time: 4-5 hours
- Water sources are available on the way. Easy trek. Stay in tents.
DAY 4: Kara to Pushtirang (Trek)
- Altitude: 11,700 ft. to 13,500 ft.
- Distance: 5 km
- Time: 3-4 hours
- Moderate grade of the trek. Views of different peaks. Rest in tents.
DAY 5: Pushtirang to Mangrungse via Bhaba Pass (Trek)
- Altitude: 13,500 ft. to 13,600 ft.
- Distance: 12 km
- Time: 10-11 hours
- The trek will be difficult. Start your day early. Rest in camps.
DAY 6: Mangrungse to Mudh/Kaza (Trek)
- Altitude: 13,600 ft. to 12,300 ft.
- Distance: 17 km
- Time: 7-8 hours
- The level of the trek will be easy to moderate. Keep your water bottles filled. Stay in a guest house/hotel.
DAY 7: Acclimatization/Rest Day (Condition Apply)
DAY 8: Kaza to Manali
- Distance: 200 km
- Time: 9-11 hours.
- Drive back early in the morning & reach Manali in the evening.
Day 1: Shimla to Kafnu (7,900ft.)
After reaching Shimla, your beautiful journey to Kafnu will begin. Kafnu can be described as the beautiful serene village located remotely at 200 km away from Shimla. The journey to Kafnu will be quite long but it will be interesting as well. You will not get bored even for a single moment. The beauty of the place will always keep you awake & energetic.
Kafnu village is located in the Kinnaur district of Himachal Pradesh. Here, you will also see the Hydroelectric project, therefore it is a well-known village.
As you will be going towards the village, you will find beautiful sights of Bhaba Valley coming closer to you. After reaching there, do rest in guest houses/hotels.
Day 2: Kafnu to Mulling (7,900ft. to 10,700ft.)
On your second day, you will start your trek journey. Your first trek destination will be Mulling. This will be a long trek, as it will take around 8-9 hours to reach Mulling. But throughout the trek, you will find several surprises of amazing sight views. Pine forests can be seen while on the trek.
Soon after traveling some distance, you will see the country's first-ever underground Hydro Project dam. It looks great. No photography is allowed over there. Thereafter, you will start gaining height and will be crossing serene surroundings.
You will find a dense forest covered with silver birch, pine, oak trees. A number of birds keep chirping in the forest. You will walk through this forest area for some time. Then you will be walking on the left bank of the Bhaba river. Soon, you will reach a campsite known as Champoria. After this campsite, you will pass by a bridge.
After a while, you will find yourself at Jhandi Top. Here, you may take a rest for a while. After this place, you will walk for about 1.5 km & will finally reach Mulling- your campsite for the day. Enjoy at a campsite and rest overnight there.
Day 3: Mulling to Kara (10,700 ft to 11,700 ft.)
Have a great morning in Mulling. This day your trek distance will be less than the previous one. You will see many beautiful surprises on the way. After covering some distance, you will find a mesmerizing waterfall. Apart from this, there will be present large meadows and will look like a perfect landscape.
On the way to this trek, you will observe a natural phenomenon called the Subterranean river, which means when the river flows underground. In this way, you can just hear the sound of a flowing river but can not see it. After this, you will cross a stream & will soon reach a meadow. In this meadow, you will see so many colorful flowers.
After crossing this meadow, you will soon reach your campsite, Kara Grassland. Rest in your tents.
Day 4: Kara to Pushtirang (11,700 ft. to 13,500 ft.)
From Kara to Pushtirang, you will walk the shortest distance in comparison to other days' trek distance. You will start your trek along the Bhaba river. Soon the river will disappear from your eyes and you will enter a different terrain.
There will be so many streams that you need to cross in order to reach Pushtirang. With that, make sure to walk carefully as the terrain will be slightly rocky in nature.
Very soon, you will reach an open land. From here you need to walk upper side towards the campsite. After reaching the campsite, make sure to enjoy the natural beauty. Rest in the tents.
Day 5: Pushtirang to Mangrungse via Bhaba Pass (13,500 ft. to 13,600 ft.)
Have a beautiful morning in Pushtirang and prepare yourself for the next trek. This day's trek leads to the beautiful destination, Bhabha Pass- the most awaited trek of the journey. You will see a great change in the weather and hence in the vegetation also.
Continue to ascent till you reach the Pass. On the way, you will realize that you are heading towards a colder region. After some time, you will have to climb up and will reach aground. After that, you will reach the pass. The pass is located between the mountains.
From this pass, you can see the difference between the two valleys, i.e. Pin Valley & Bhaba Valley. Looking at the Pin Valley, you will find a dry region. On the other hand, when you will look towards Bhaba valley, you will find greenery all the way. From the pass, you will descent. Make sure to descent carefully according to the instructions of your trek guide. After walking for about 5 km, you will reach the campsite of the day,i.e. Mangrungse.
You can utilize your time here with your friends. Rest in camps.
Day 6: Mangrungse to Mudh/Kaza (13,600 ft. to 12,300 ft.)
Now, your last day of the trek has arrived. Make the best use of your time on this day. Apart from being the last day of the trek, this will also be the trek with the longest distance of descent 17 km. Start your trek by climbing up. After climbing around 3-4 km, you will reach Bara Boulder, campsite. From here, you will need to river stream.
After crossing the stream, you will reach flat ground. While walking through the ground, you will cross Pharka Village. Soon, you will need to cross one more bridge. You will soon reach Mudh Village. This village is a perfect epitome of natural beauty.
This village is also the last village in Spiti. Then, you will move to Kaza by vehicle & will rest there.
Day 7: Acclimatization/Rest Day (Condition Apply)
After covering long-distance, your body needs a full rest. And on this day, you will do rest & will explore the place.
DAY8: Kaza to Manali
And finally, the day to leave such a beautiful place has come. On this day, you will move from Kaza to Manali. It will take around 9-11 hours for you to reach Manali. On the way to Manali, you will also cross Rohtang Pass.
How to Reach Pin Bhaba Pass Trek?
There is a various mode to reach Pin Bhaba Pass Trek:
As your journey will begin from Shimla, therefore you need to reach Shimla. You may take a flight from Delhi to Jubbarhatti Airport, the nearest airport to Shimla. Chandigarh airport is also one of the options.
The nearest Railway Station to Shimla is Kalka. This railway station is well connected with several parts of the country like Delhi & Kolkata. You may take the train from Delhi and reach here.
You can directly reach Shimla by bus. You can take a bus from Delhi, Chandigarh, Dehradun, etc and reach Shimla easily.
1. Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
2. Meals while on trek (Veg.+ Egg)
3. Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required)
4. All necessary permits and entry fees.
5. First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
6. Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide and Support staff.
7. Transport from Dehradun to Sankri and return (According to itinerary)
8. Mules to carry the central luggage
1. Any kind of personal expenses.
2. Food during the transit.
4. Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
5. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
6. Any kind of emergency evacuation charges.
Normally Trip on Himalaya expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
INR 1500/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
To book Rupin Pass Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Paying the Trek/ Adventure activity fee:
The fee can be paid by online transfer/check deposit/ demand draft. Instruction for payment will be forwarded along with your confirmation email. When your transfer is done, please e-mail us a confirmation mail with your transfer details, so that we can follow up your reservation efficiently.
When to Book:
It is wise to make your booking at least two months in advance. However, if you want a good deal on your domestic/international flight, we recommend organising your trip at least five months in advance. (Please contact us if you require a late booking)
Terms for Cancellation & Refund:
Customer is suppose to make a full payment in advance for the confirm bookings.
If in case a confirmed booking needs to be cancel than below are the refund policies
1. Prior 30 days of the confirmed date, 50% of the total amount would be refunded
2. Prior 25 days of the confirmed date, 40% of the total amount would be refunded
3. Prior 20 days of the confirmed date, 30% of the total amount would be refunded
4. Prior 15 days of the confirmed date, 20% of the total amount would be refunded
5. Prior 10 days of the confirmed date, 10% of the total amount would be refunded
Note: After the said time the Trip on Himalaya would not be entertaining any cancelation and no amount would be refunded whatsoever.
1. Ruck sack bag with rain cover. Qty -1
2. Day Pack Bag - Recommended for treks with summit day
3. Head Torch with spare Batteries. Qty -1
4. U V protection sunglasses. Qty -1
5. Water Bottles: 2 bottles of 1 liter each
1. Non-skid, deep treaded, high-ankle trekking shoes Qty -1
2. Pair of light weight Slipper/Sandals Qty -1
1. Quick Dry Warm lower or Track Pants. Qty - 2
2. Full sleeves T-shirts/ Sweatshirts. 1 for every 2 days of trekking
3. Pair of thick woolen socks. 1 pair for every two days of trekking
4. Thermal Body warmer Upper & Lower. Qty-1
5. Undergarments. Qty - 1 for every day of trekking
6. Warm jacket closed at wrist & neck .Qty-1
7. Full sleeves sweater. Qty -1
8. Rain wear ( Jacket & Pants ) . Qty-1
9. Pair of waterproof, warm gloves. Qty-1
10. Woolen cap. Qty-1
11. Sun shielding Hat. Qty -1
1. Personal toiletries kit (Small Towel, Toilet paper, paper soap, Bar soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, cold cream etc.)
2. Sun screen lotion small pack . Qty -1
3. Lip Balm small pack. Qty-1
1. Small size, Light weight & Leak proof lunch box. Qty-1
2. Plate. Qty- 1
4. Tea/Coffee (plastic) Mug.Qty-1
1. Camera (Optional)
2. Carry your medicines in plenty in case you have any specific ailment. Consult your doctor before joining the trek.
3. Dry fruits, Nuts, Chocolate bars (Optional)
Fitness For Trekking
Tips to get fit for Trekking
Experiencing trek is almost everyone's passion or dream. But before starting or planning for a hike, you must be aware of the during and post-trek pain of your body. It is essential to be strong enough to enjoy your whole trek without any disruption of body ache. One book or decide several months before going on a hike, so you have a significant amount of time exercising your body and training it to become flexible for the trek.
Following are some advantages of training yourself before trek:
- It fosters aerobic fitness.
- It improves blood circulation and breathing functions as well.
- It makes the heart strong, preventing it from any problem.
- It helps in toning legs.
- Muscles get build-up which is very beneficial.
Therefore, one must do practice to gain all these benefits. It is not only for the trek but for lifetime fitness also.
Let's have a look at some factors which must be kept in mind to practice before trek:
Importance of Stretching
It helps the body become flexible and allows you to move your body in any direction you want quickly. It helps make the joints such as shoulders, elbows, hips and knees stronger to prevent any mishappening. It provides much relaxation to your body and relieves the pain. And if you are going on a trek, it is essential to practice stretching way before your hike. It will help you in moving to the higher altitudes region more efficiently.
Sleep like baby
It is always said that one must sleep like a baby. It means sleep without any worries. This makes you have an adequate amount of sleep which is a significant factor in daily life. So, practice it daily and also before your trek. Try to make yourself comfortable to sleep at higher altitudes.
Good Shoes-Good Trek
It is so evident that one has to walk and only walk while Trekking, so it is far more essential to have a good pair of trekking/hiking shoes. Practice walking by wearing your boots before the trek to make yourself used to them. You may opt for an option to keep an extra pair in your bag while trek to help yourself in the opposite condition.